A delicious addition to the strawberry cake.
- 1/4 butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed and pureed
- 1/2 tsp strawberry extract
- 7 cups confectioner's sugar
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Beat in 1/4 cup of the strawberry puree and the strawberry extract. (The rest of the puree is leftover but can be used in smoothies or on ice cream for a delicious treat.)
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating until smooth.
- Spread frosting in between layers and on top and sides of cake.
- Garnish with sliced fresh strawberries, if desired.
Nestlie B. http://www.nestlieb.com/
April 18, 2017