TWANNA'S SWEET POTATO PIE
A tasty southern favorite.
MAKES TWO PIES
- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 sticks butter (Use 1 stick to cut the fat and calories. It will be ½ stick per pie)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- nutmeg (to taste)
- cinnamon (to taste)
- ½ tsp. lemon extract
- 2 frozen deep dish pie crusts
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Boil sweet potatoes till tender. Do a fork test.
- Peel the potatoes and mash them.
- Add one stick of butter at a time to potatoes and whip with beater.
- Add eggs one at a time and whip.
- Add sugar and hand stir.
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg to taste.
- Add lemon extract.
- Pour the mixture into pie crusts.
- Bake 300 F for 1 to 1.5 hours or until filling is set and brown.
Nestlie B. http://www.nestlieb.com/
December 11, 2016